Jewelry designs for the past decades are spotted to be rich and varied. One of the most influential innovations in women's jewelry is the four-leaf clover. The four-leaf clover has been a symbol of good luck in many countries in the world. Almost every woman globally claims that the four-leaf clover is a symbol of happiness. Therefore, people worldwide love clover jewelry for its magic to bring people joy and good fortune.
You might have heard of a four-leaf clover in many different myths, stories, movies, or even in video games. Because of the magic and meanings that the clover carries with it, more people hope to have a piece of four-leaf clover jewelry. Finding a four-leaf clover is like a “one-in-a-million” chance with only about one in 10,000 plants carrying the lucky leaves. It has become a symbol that represents financial luck in every aspect of humans life.
Is it really a gift of happiness and luck or what? Intriguing right? Let me show you the wonderful meanings and expectations of having or gifting a piece of clover jewelry.
The tales' origin about the miraculous luck that this grass, the four-leaf clover, is still a controversy. Few scientists hypothesize that an extremely low-frequency recessive gene is the one affecting the creation of clover. On the other hand, most scientists hypothesize that the shamrock, which is the three-leaf clover mutated in the somatic or an environmental development error, creates the four-leaf clover.
This herb is categorized as special leaves that only appear on the familiar clover trunk, which is native and cultivated abundantly in Ireland.
Due to the four-leaf clover's rare existence, people considered it lucky to see four-leaf clover by accident.
- A four-leaf clover is an ancient Irish symbol of luck because the Ancient Celts believed that the four-leaf clover could help them avoid mischief and spot or see fairies. The four leaves were thought to have mystical powers. Each of the leaves represents faith, hope, love, and luck. Another Celt folklore claimed that each of the four-leaf clovers represents fame, wealth, health, and faithful love.
- Clover motifs became more popular during 1954 because of the Alhambra collection used in its necklace, ring, and bracelets, the recognizable symbol of good luck and good fortune, the clover. The first Alhambra design used 20-clover shaped motifs in its opera-length necklace.
- Over the last 50 years, the iconic clover motifs popularized by the Alhambra jewels still remain an icon worn by celebrities like Mariah Carey and Grace Kelly.
- Princess Caroline, Grace Kelly's daughter, is another testament to clover jewelry's everlasting charm as she is often seen wearing her own Alhambra long necklace.
Its Myth and World Cultural Significance
- During the Middle Ages, children believed that carrying a 4-leaf clover would mean that they have a chance to spot any fairies.
- Irish Christian religion's legend claimed that the four clover leaves symbolize hope, faith, love, and luck. This concept can be traced back to shamrock's symbolism, a three-leaf clover that each leaf represents the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit of the Holy Trinity. So when a fourth-leaf has been spotted, it would mean that it represents God's grace. With this, everything a person could want would be granted.
- Other legend claimed that each cloverleaf means hope, trust, love, and happiness since the shape resembles a cross. So carrying a clover means a lucky charm since the Middle Ages.
- Other Christian legend foretold that Eve has carried a four-leaf clover from the Garden of Eden.
- In Japanese legend, it is said that when children were born, God gave them gifts. As foretold, God gave the children four gifts: faith, hope, love, and luck. For the children to obtain God’s blessing, they have to go into the deep woods alone to search the four-leaf clover as a symbol of God’s gift. Finding this is both a challenge and a reward for the Japanese children.
- Up to this date, the mystery and mystical clover properties have still been considered an ideal present to wish someone good luck for a special occasion or event.
Its Symbolism and Meanings
A four-leaf clover is a rare thing to see in tens of thousands of alfalfas. There may be only one clover. That is why it is also called a "lucky clover" with an opportunity rate of 1:10,000.
Each leaf of the four-leaf clover has different meanings that many jewelry makers and wearers indulge in creating and wearing a piece of clover jewelry.
The people wanted to have their lives encapsulate each leaf's meaning: Hope, Faith, Love, and Luck.
One leaf encapsulates the symbol of hope. With this, the wearer should not lose hope and must accept finite disappointment but should never lose an ounce of hope to overcome it.
One leaf encapsulates the symbol of faith. With this, the wearer should do everything in dedication to the point that nothing can be done without hope and confidence. By keeping your faith, you will soon see the hands of God leading you to new open doors.
One leaf encapsulates the symbol of love. For the believers of the four-leaf clover, they thought that there is only one happiness in life, to be love and be loved. Like the rarity of finding a four-leaf clover, finding true hard is also difficult, but your confidence in finding your true love should not falter when you wear a piece of clover jewelry. With clover jewelry, someday you will have a chance to meet your one true love.
One leaf encapsulates the symbol of luck. The last meaning of clover is good luck since you have hope, faith, and strong love working for you. Still, you have to wait for the right timing and right place where the four-leaved clovers work their miracle with you.
Clover Sterling Silver Jewelry
Four-leaf clover jewelry really has earned its reputation in the fashion and jewelry industry. Gifting clover sterling silver jewelry to express love, affection, or friendship remains the best choice for people for centuries now.
Our creative artisans are inspired by the mystical beauty of clover handmade with love series of nature-inspired sterling silver jewelry just for you.
Clover Sterling Silver Earring
Poetic Clover Earring
The four-leafed clovers have always been considered good luck, each leaf representing Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck. We made an everlasting pair of clovers out of Sterling silver and brushed finish it giving, the Poetic Clover Earring, a vintage look so you can bring the 4 with you everywhere you'd go.
Clover Sterling Silver Jewelry Set
Pearl Clover Jewelry Series
The Pearl Clover Series is a one-of-a-kind handmade sterling silver jewelry collection comprised of:
Each of the jewelry pieces is handmade with love and nature-inspired jewelry made from 925 Sterling Silver, meticulously crafted and plated to form the elegant petals of golden clover. It finishes with natural freshwater pearls placed as centerpieces and the stigma of the lucky clovers.
Each handmade sterling silver jewelry is the perfect blend of minimalistic design and pearl.
Now that you know the depth of the history and meaning of clover jewelry, our creative artisans entrust you with unlimited good wishes so that the wearer feels strength, courage, and love. If you choose any of the clover sterling silver jewelry handmade with love by our creative artisans, it will help increase your fortune, have more luck, and have more success in love.